HEBRIDEAN ISLAND CRUISES (rated luxury by Denver Travel)
Passenger Capacity: 50
Built: 1964; rebuilt as cruise ship 1989
Former Names: Columbia
Length: 236 ft.
Beam: 46 ft.
Draft: 10 ft.
Staff and Crew: 38, personally selected British & European
- Itinerary: There are 4-10 night cruises March through November going to lochs, estuaries and islands of the Inner and Outer Hebrides on Scotland's west coast. Most departures are from Oban with a coach connection from Glasgow. There are a variety of itineraries depending on whether you want to visit towns, castles and gardens or to visit the remoter parts of the western isles. Garden cruises are in May and September. Other cruises include the north and west coasts of Ireland.Since Hebridean Princess is only occasionally alongside and often anchors offshore, landings are frequently made by her two small boats, Shona and Sanda, aptly named after west coast islands.
A highly knowledgeable and experienced guide, with three guides on our Footloose walking itineraries, will accompany your visits ashore. You may explore remote islands and historic sites, or simply take in the magnificent scenery on board, you still will appreciate the guides and crews knowledge and insight of the spectacular areas through which Hebridean Princess cruises. The guide's evening talk is a convivial get-together in the Tiree Lounge after dinner - and an ideal opportunity to relax over a coffee or aperitif and mingle, learning more of the tantalizing places to come. In addition to the usual range of activities, the more adventurous guests can enjoy speedboat rides, fishing trips or cycling ashore on the ship's bikes, all on request.
- Cabins: 30. Cabins range from 112 to 367 sq. ft. There are 24 outside cabins, 6 inside, 11 single and 4 with balconies. Cabins have refrigerator, TV (some with VCR), radio, coffee and tea-maker and an ironing board/trouser press. Each cabin is individually designed and there are a range of configurations (with single, double or twin beds). Most have one or more windows of different sizes (suite has three large windows). Some cabins have portholes that can be opened.
- Dining: The dining room has one seating and is non-smoking. Fresh produce is purchased locally. There is traditional Scottish fare, such as venison, pheasant, rainbow trout, gooseberry and pear crumble. Passengers traveling as singles are seated together and are hosted by an officer.
- Dress: Casual during the day. After 7 p.m. men wear jackets and ties, women wear dress, skirt or smart trousers. There are formal evenings, typically one on 4-night cruises and two on 7-night cruises and men usually wear dinner jacket, tuxedo or kilts. The weather is damp in the Scottish islands so take warm clothing.
- Facilities and Activities: The ship was redesigned to resemble a luxury country hotel. The passengers are mostly convivial Brits, one-third singles, two-thirds couples. There are several lounges (one especially for cigar and pipe smokers). There are guest speakers on select cruises and some walking-"footloose" cruises. There are deck games, bridge, fishing trips, clay pigeon shoots and explorations by motorboat. There is an open bridge policy. The ship anchors at night. Children under age 9 are not allowed. There is no smoking in the restaurant, library, conservatory or the port side of the main lounge. All outside rooms and public rooms have portholes or windows that open. There are bicycles, fishing gear for passenger use. Excursions explore wildlife, sometimes castles, gardens, deserted beaches or towns.
- Fares: Per person from $1,820 (four nights) to $4,125 (six-nights) and $10,045 (nine nights).All- inclusive: Meals, Snack, Beverages, Shore excursions and entrance fees are included in the fare, as well as, speedboat rides, bicycles, fishing tackle, gratuities, port fees, select wines. Single cabins have no supplement. Free internet.Only the best.
HEBRIDEAN RIVER CRUISES(traveling spring and fall only to avoid the mayhem of other river boats)
Passenger Capacity: 79
- Itinerary:Rhine river cruise in spring and Danube river cruise in autumn on 7-night cruises.
Hebridean'sRoyal Crown is "The First Lady" of Europe's most beautiful rivers. A journey on board offers an unforgettable cruising experience through some of the most spectacular scenery in mainland Europe. Carrying just 85 guests offer fine cuisine.
From the Art Deco style cabins, with marble style shower rooms, to the Sun Deck with teak loungers or enjoy a drink from the bar awhile marveling at the constantly changing scenery, everything on board is reminiscent of a private yacht.
Hebridean'sRoyal Crown suffuses style; Art Nouveau lamps shine subdued light on polished brass and glass mosaics and mahogany paneling adorn the lounge where guests can relax in soft upholstered armchairs and sofas.
Enjoy excellent service from the dedicated and caring crew and experience Chef's mouth-watering creations in the fine dining restaurant. Journey to romantic destinations such as Cologne, Vienna and Budapest in timeless elegance on board a ship inspired by the elegant world of 1930's Europe, when the rich and famous travelled in the opulent style that marked the golden age of cruising.
Contact: email@example.com or (303) 504-0400 - USA & Canada (888) 321-0103. International Calls Welcome.