KAPITAN DRANITSYN, YAMAL
Passenger capacity: 100
Built: 1980, 1992
Length: 131 m, 150 m
Elavator: on Kapitan Dranitsyn
Staff and Crew: Russian
- Itinerary: Franz Josef Land and North Pole. The North Pole is the main goal of the Yamal cruises, with much time threading through pack ice to the Top of the World. On the return the ship makes a call at Franz Josef Land to visit its historic places and view its beauties of nature. Franz Josef Land is the main goal of the cruises aboard Kapitan Dranitsin. There are many historical sites and rich wildlife on the islands and much time to spend ashore.
- Cabins: 49, 50. There are twins, triples and suites. They all feature outside windows, one fixed berth and one convertible sofa, a bathroom with shower. Yamal's cabins have video monitors.
- Dress: The vessel is very informal. Most guests wear T-shirts and jeans, ideal for landings by helicopter or as underwear for waterproof trousers used when landing by zodiacs.
- Facilities and Activities: There are lectures by naturalists, scientists and Polar explorers and documentary, feature film and slide shows. Each icebreaker has a library, sauna with heated sea water. Family programs are available on request. The staff and the officers speak English. For each group of 20 non-English speaking passengers an interpreter is provided in German, Japanese and French languages. There is an open bridge and many passengers spend their spare time on the navigation bridge watching the ship force her way through the ice.
- Fares: North Pole voyage US$14,900 to $19,900 per person double occupancy. Fare includes 2 nights in Moscow, airfares Moscow-Murmansk-Moscow, shore excursions and activities by zodiacs and helicopters, port charges, and parkas. Franz Josef Land triple cabin $5,500, twin $6,900, suite $8,550 - $9,250 per person double occupancy, including shore excursions and port charges.
- Charters: Also charters Sea Explorer, Sea Spirit,50 Years of Victory from Quark
Contact: email@example.com or (303) 504-0400 - USA & Canada (888) 321-0103. International Calls Welcome.